Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Las Animas-Bent County Library District is to encourage reading at all levels, to provide a safe and attractive environment, to provide access to and to encourage usage of current technology, to inform as well as to entertain, and to provide access to public information.
The Library serves a diverse community with a friendly, knowledgeable, and innovative staff, using community resources to enhance our services.
We also offer in addition to lending books and other materials:
- Copies, printing, and incoming faxes (black and white only): $0.15 per page
- Faxes: $1.00 per page – (free cover sheet available upon request)
- Scan to E-mail (ask for help): Free!
- Lamination (8.5″ x 11″ sheets): $1.00 per page
- Microfilm printing: $0.25 per page – (free scan to E-mail also available!)
- Book a Librarian- Computer help/tutoring (ask staff for more information)
- Meeting Room available upon reservations (ask staff for more information)
New to our Library? How to sign up for a library card:
Receiving a library card is FREE!
You will need to provide:
- a photo identification card
- proof of address.
Children 17 and younger must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature and the parent/guardian must present picture identification and proof of address.
Our Loan, Fine, and Renewal Policies:
- Individual Accounts are able to check out up to 5 items at a time
- Family Accounts are able to check out up to 10 items at a time
- Books, VHS, and audio books are checked out for 2 week periods
- DVDs, and Magazines are 1 week periods
- Late fees are $0.10 per day for our materials $1.00 per day for Interlibrary Loan
- Lost/damaged books have a $5.00 fee plus the price of the material for our library. Interlibrary Loan lost/damaged items are $75.00
- Items may be renewed for an additional week. Interlibrary Loans are NOT renewable.
NEW Patrons are placed on a 6MO. Probationary Status. During the Probationary Status Patrons are able to check out 5 items, with the exception of our DVD collection. Patrons on the Probationary Status are only allowed to check out 3 DVDs at a time. Interlibrary Loan items are not available for Probationary Status. If you are able to return items and do not asses any late fines after 6MO. you may be moved to your appropriate category. In the appropriate category the temporary probation restriction on checkouts is lifted.